Center for Dental Excellence, LLC
One of the biggest topics that people buzz about is losing a few pounds and making healthier decisions when it comes to food. But did you know that making those changes could not only make a difference on the scale but also in your mouth?
Here are 3 food tips that bring benefits to your body and your mouth.
- Meal Planning: When you’re meal planning, you are taking the time to choose healthier options. You won’t be wondering what your next meal will be and you won’t be choosing fattier, sugary foods. Keep in mind when you are planning to always have a protein, vegetable and grain. You will find yourself eating a fully balanced and healthy meal and saving money by not eating out.
- H20 on the Go: you might have chosen the soda over water, but lately, flavored water is the trendy choice. You can buy flavored water or create your own. Cut up some fruits like lemons and strawberries, add those to your water and let it sit overnight. The next day you can grab this flavor-packed water and not feel bad while drinking it. Not only are you staying hydrated, but you aren’t consuming all the sugar that comes in one can on soda.
- Snacking Smart: We all love to snack, but you may find that during your snacking time, you tend to choose unhealthy options. Surround yourself with healthy snacks that you won’t feel guilty about eating after and snacks that you will enjoy. Cut up some veggies on the weekend and create snack packs that are easy to grab on the go. Hard-boil some eggs, cheese sticks, individual yogurts, a variety of nuts, the list could go on. Mix and match and make different snack packs. If you are surrounding yourself with better choices, then you will be more likely to eat them!
These three tips might not seem like a big difference, but in the end you will notice that you look and feel heathier. Not only will your body thank you, but so will your mouth. If you have more questions about what foods are good for your body and your mouth, contact our office at Simsbury CT Office Phone Number 860-658-1991.
You need a dental implant, but you are reluctant to get started. We understand that there is some hesitation and life gets in the way. However, here are a list of reasons as to why you shouldn’t wait.
- Stop your remaining teeth from moving. Your teeth help keep everything in place. When you are missing a tooth, and have a gap, your teeth will start to shift to fill in that gap. That could cause not only uneven teeth, but teeth that are harder to clean and, in the end, that cost you more to fix.
- Save Your Jawbone. When you are missing a tooth, your jawbone slowing starts to deteriorate and shrink away. The roots of your teeth keep the jawbone stimulated to maintain the bone mass. The longer you are missing the tooth, the more the bone will disintegrate, making the implant process more difficult.
- The appearance of your face. Living without a tooth can eventually change how you look, especially if you suffer from bone deterioration. The longer you go, your skin could begin to make your cheeks sag, which will make you look older than you are.
- The way you speak. When you are missing a tooth, it could make it hard to annunciate words, making you sound like you have a lisp.
- Your overall self-esteem. Getting a dental implant will allow you to feel like your normal self. You won’t have to worry about how you look or how you sound. The implant looks and feels like a normal tooth. No one will know that you have an implant unless you tell them.
These are just a few reasons as to why you should wait to get your dental implant. If you are experiencing any hesitations or have further questions, contact our office. We are happy to ease your mind and get you on track to a beautiful smile. Simsbury CT Office Phone Number 860-658-1991
If you have recently whitened your teeth and are looking for ways to keep your teeth bright and white, there are a few easy steps you can take to keep stains at bay.
Avoid Staining Food and Drinks
One of the most important things you can do to prevent tooth discoloration is to avoid eating and drinking foods that can stain your teeth. Foods such as pasta sauce, dark berries such as blueberries and drinks such as coffee, tea and red wine all have the ability to stain your teeth.
Use a Straw
Using a straw when you drink will keep liquids away from your teeth. If you cannot stop drinking your morning coffee, try drinking with a straw to limit its contact with your teeth. If you are unable to use a straw, drink water after drinking staining beverages to wash away any potential stains.
Not only is it good for your health but also for your teeth! Teeth are naturally porous, and the nicotine and tar present in cigarettes build up in the pores, causing significant tooth discoloration over time.
Good Oral Hygiene
Brushing and flossing your teeth is also important in maintaining your pearly whites. Brushing your teeth after eating and drinking staining foods will help deter stain-causing plaque from sitting on your teeth too long and causing damage.
Keep Up with Whitening
While doing the above steps will help prevent your teeth from staining, you will need to continue to do whitening treatments to keep your teeth vibrant and white. A whitening tooth paste and mouthwash will help to keep your teeth white between whitening treatments in our office.
If you want a bright, beautiful, confidence-enhancing smile, contact our office at Simsbury CT Office Phone Number 860-658-1991 to learn more about teeth whitening!
If you are looking for an alternative to dentures and would like to replace your missing teeth, dental implants may be for you. Dental implants are a popular long-term method for restoring your smile. Many people decide to get dental implants after they have experienced loss of teeth due to variety of reasons. Dental implants give you back your freedom from missing teeth.
Who gets dental implants?
Those who are in overall good health and are looking for a long-term solution for their missing teeth are candidates for dental implants. This includes those who are tired of dentures and are looking for a more comfortable and convenient alternative.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
There are many advantages of getting dental implants, including:
- Convenience: dental implants are a long-term option for replacing missing teeth. They have the added benefit of being a permanent fixture in your mouth unlike dentures that can be abrasive to the gums and can cause difficulty speaking.
- Easier eating: you may have found that eating has become more difficult with missing teeth. A dental implant allows for more efficient chewing and will allow you to enjoy your favorite foods once again.
- Improved appearance: Dental implants look and feel like real teeth. They can be designed with the same color and shape as your surrounding teeth, making them natural looking
- Confidence: Dental implants can give you a youthful appearance and increased self-esteem. You may find yourself smiling more than ever with your new implants.
How do I care for my dental implant?
The great thing about dental implants is that they require the same care as real teeth. This means regular brushing, flossing and routine dental checkups. If taken care of properly, your new implant can last you a lifetime!
If you are interested in dental implants, contact Center For Dental Excellence, LLC at Simsbury CT Office Phone Number 860-658-1991 to set up a dental implant consultation.
Are you ready to start your journey to straighter teeth? Do you dislike the look of regular metal braces? If so, clear braces may be for you.
Clear braces is a different take on traditional braces. This treatment is used to straighten crooked or crowded teeth with the use of clear plastic trays. Clear braces are designed to be invisible on the teeth, allowing for discreet treatment. Clear braces uses modern computer imaging to map out the future progression of your tooth movement for your aligner trays. This allows for completely customized aligner trays for your teeth.
How is Invisalign different from ordinary braces?
Clear braces allows the wearer to remove the trays whenever they would like to. This gives you the ability to eat and drink whatever you want during your treatment time. With its removable trays, clear braces also allows the wearer to have improved oral hygiene over those who wear traditional braces.
Once you have had a consultation with your doctor to determine if clear braces is right for you, your custom made Invisalign trays will be made. You will need to wear your trays up to 22 hours a day to maximize your treatment. Be sure to take your trays out for eating, drinking and of course to brush and floss. You will have new trays every two weeks and over the duration of your treatment you will begin to see your teeth shift into place. You can expect to have routine visits with your doctor every four to six weeks to check on your progress.
Once your treatment is over, you will have beautiful straight teeth. However, even though your treatment is done, you still need to wear a retainer at night. This is done to prevent your teeth from shifting.
If you are interested in starting clear braces treatment, give us a call at Simsbury CT Office Phone Number 860-658-1991 to schedule a consultation.
Sometimes we skip a tooth brushing every now and then, which may seem like no big deal. While, in the grand scheme of things, it may seem like missing a tooth brushing here in there isn’t the end of the world, it may lead to unhealthy dental habits, which eventually could result in serious dental damage! By adopting healthy, regular dental habits, you can lower your chance of tooth decay and cavities. Here are some helpful tips towards a healthy, happier smile!
Brush and Floss Regularly:
You should brush your teeth twice daily with fluoride toothpaste and floss once. If you want to have impeccable oral hygiene, you may also brush your teeth after each meal or snack. If brushing isn’t a post-meal option for you, thoroughly rinsing your mouth with water will help as well.
Using mouthwash twice a day after brushing is a great way wash away leftover bacteria and give your mouth that super clean feel.
Eat Tooth-healthy Foods:
Believe it or not, there are certain foods that are good for your teeth and will help to strengthen them and fight against bacteria and plaque build-up. Some foods that will benefit your dental health include but are not limited to: fresh fruits and vegetables, cheese, unsweetened coffee, tea, and sugar-free gum.
Make Routine Dental Visits:
Professional teeth cleanings and dental check-ups should be scheduled for every six months. If you have a history of dental issues, or if you know you need special attention, visiting your dentist more often than every six months may be best for you.
Consider Dental Sealants:
During your next dental visit, ask about dental sealants. Dental sealants will seal up small grooves and nooks in your teeth, preventing bacteria build-up in those hard to reach places. They can also help prevent tooth decay and can last up to ten years with proper dental care!
If you have any questions about your oral health, please give us a call at Simsbury CT Office Phone Number 860-658-1991.
You may have heard in the past that dental implants are one of the most effective ways to replace missing or damaged teeth. Dental implants are a great option for a lot of different situations, but when is getting a dental implant the best option for you? There are a few circumstances where receiving an implant might be the best option for improving your smile.
Dental implants typically consist of three components: the post, the abutment, and the restoration. The post is a screw which is inserted into the bone. The abutment is attached to the post and the restoration is placed on top, giving the finished product a beautiful, realistic look.
To restore and preserve your appearance.
One of the main functions of dental implants is to restore a smile back to its original glory. They are built to last a lifetime and last much longer than dental bridges. If you are looking for a permanent solution to damaged or missing teeth, dental implants are your best option.
To protect and preserve a healthy jawbone.
Missing spaces in your smile can lead your jawbone to deterioration, which causes it to lose its strength. Dental implants are the only option which will protect and save your natural bone. Waiting to get a dental implant can continue to increase the chances of your jawbone not being able to support dental implants in the future.
To stop your teeth from shifting.
Losing a tooth can cause the surrounding teeth to shift and look unnatural. These teeth can become crowded or can be shifted unevenly. This can cause your teeth to become harder to clean and can also cause your face to sag and appear sunken.
These are just a few of the instances in which you should consider getting dental implants. Dental implants are one of the most useful and successful restoration options available today. For more information on how we can restore your smile with dental implants, contact Center For Dental Excellence, LLC at Simsbury CT Office Phone Number 860-658-1991 today.
Keeping your gums healthy is vital to ensuring that your mouth stays clean and your teeth stay intact and in pristine condition. This blog will focus on the best ways to make sure your gums stay healthy in order to prevent gum disease and keep your smile shining bright for years to come.
1) Floss, Floss, Floss
Flossing is one of the easiest and most effective steps you can take to fight against gum disease and keep your gums healthy. Flossing once a day helps clean those areas in between your teeth which are hard for your toothbrush to reach.
2) Brush and Rinse
Brushing twice a day is the most commonly preached method of keeping your mouth fresh and clean. It is also a good idea to rinse your mouth with antiseptic mouthwash twice a day in order to protect your gums. Rinsing with mouthwash is a great way to thoroughly clean your mouth, because it reaches areas that your toothbrush and floss can’t reach.
3) Use the Right Toothpaste
Choosing the right toothpaste is important to keeping your gums healthy. Make sure to grab a toothpaste that contains fluoride in order to get the best results when brushing. Also make sure to look for the ADA seal of acceptance in order to ensure that you’re getting a toothpaste backed by experts at the ADA!
4) Regular Dentist Checkups
Visiting your dentist twice a year is extremely important in preventing diseases and ensuring that your teeth remain healthy and clean. Your dentist will be able to see early symptoms of gum disease and is the only way for you to get rid of tartar and plaque which are stuck to your teeth and can have a negative impact on your gums if not cleaned.
These four steps can help you significantly improve the health of your gums and reduce your risk of gum disease. If you have any more questions about how to keep your gums healthy or how to prevent gum disease, give Center For Dental Excellence, LLC a call at Simsbury CT Office Phone Number 860-658-1991 today!
Breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day. It kick starts your body and provides you with enough energy to make it through your hectic morning as well as keep your mind focused on the task at hand. Eating a balanced breakfast is not only good for you body, but also good for your teeth. Being mindful of the acidity and sugar levels in your food is key to keeping your teeth in tip-top shape!
When it comes to breakfast foods, there are a few foods we recommend eating in moderation! These include, but are not limited to, orange juice and sugary cereals. Orange juice has a very high acidity and by drinking too much, the acid can wear down your tooth enamel. Cereals that are high in sugar have a similar effect on your teeth, but the sugar can also cause cavities.
Eating a balanced breakfast that is low in sugar and acid, but high in protein will make your body and teeth feel great! Protein rich foods will help to build up your enamel and keep your teeth stronger than ever.
Here are a few recipe ideas for a healthy and balanced breakfast:
o 1/3 cup of oats
o 1/3 cup of milk (or substitute almond, soy, coconut, etc.)
o 1/3 cup of plain Greek Yogurt
o 1 tbsp chia or flax seeds OR ¼ cup chopped nuts
o Fresh fruit/ berries of your choice!
Mix all of the ingredients together in a sealed container, or mason jar, and place in fridge the night before. Open and enjoy the next morning for a healthy and balanced breakfast!
o 1-2 slices of whole grain toast
o 1 ripe avocado
o 1 egg (cooked to your preference)
o 1 ripe tomato
o Seasonings of your choice (salt & pepper, hot sauce, red pepper flakes, etc.)
Many of us think that invisible braces, such as Invisalign, are only used to enhance the aesthetic value of a person’s smile. To a certain extent, that is true. Typically the goal of having braces is to straighten one’s teeth and improve his or her smile. However, did you know that there are actually health benefits to having a straighter smile as well?
Below are just a few of the ways in which invisible braces can benefit your health:
- Overall Health: Since oral infections are thought to be related to other health issues in the body such as an increased risk of heart disease, stroke, or diabetes, keeping your teeth straightened and properly spaced apart is an important and crucial step to having better overall health.
- Diverse Diet: With traditional metal braces, there are many foods you are unable to eat which can severely hinder diversity in your diet. Since invisible braces are removable, they allow you to eat a wider variety of foods, helping to ensure that you get all of the vitamins and minerals that are necessary for a healthy body.
- Periodontal Health: Overcrowded teeth can lead to red, swollen, and irritated gums. These symptoms are typically signs of periodontal disease. Getting braces can allow your teeth to not only straighten, but also make more space between your teeth, allowing your gums more room.
- Better Cleaning Access: Traditional braces take up a large amount of surface area on your tooth. therefor there is a good amount of tooth you’re missing every time you brush. With invisible braces, however, you are able to remove them in order to clean the entire surface of your teeth and maintain that impeccable flossing and brushing routine!
If you’re looking for a straighter smile, as well as better overall and oral health, give us a call at Simsbury CT Office Phone Number 860-658-1991.