Exams & Maintenance
Your dentures are an investment and require care and attention to maintain their optimum performance. The fit of your dentures will have a profound affect on your oral tissues and health. An annual examination will help ensure your denture is functioning properly.
Call us at one of our conveniently-located offices to schedule an appointment with our practice:
- Simsbury CT Office of Center For Dental Excellence Phone Number 860-658-1991 (Simsbury CT Office of Center For Dental Excellence)
- West Hartford CT Office of Center For Dental Excellence Phone Number 860-521-7129 (West Hartford CT Office of Center For Dental Excellence)
- Litchfield CT Office of Center For Dental Excellence Phone Number 860-567-8684 (Litchfield CT Office of Center For Dental Excellence)
Medical & Dental History
Updating your medical and dental history with any significant changes is critical to maintaining your oral health and well-being. A variety of medical and dental conditions can alter a dentures fit.
Annual examinations can assist in detecting oral abnormalities including cancerous and pre-cancerous lesions. Early detection of these conditions is generally beneficial for treatment.
Tissue & Bone
Ill-fitting dentures may cause bone and tissue changes and need to be corrected for your oral health. Our practice can assess and recommend solutions to suit your personal needs.
Comfort, Fit & Integrity of Dentures
Bite problems, speech impediments, and tissue irritations can be caused by an ill-fitting denture and should be remedied. Leaving this condition unchecked can lead to complicated situations in the future. Our doctors can assess your dentures for cracks, chips, and broken or loose teeth and suggest solutions.
Overview of Exam
- Update of medical and dental history chart
- An examination of your oral cavity
- Tissue and bone assessment
- Denture stability and bite examination
- Cleaning and polishing of your denture
- Oral hygiene review